Monday 12 May 2008

Mordue


A friend just emailed me with this: "I’ve just heard that Mordue has gone into receivership."

News story link here.

If this does mean the end of Mordue Brewery I'll be very sad. I believe Mordue IPA is Britain's best beer bearing the designation "IPA" and it won my personal Pint-of-the-Year award for 2006.

Fortunately I feel that any worries about the demise of Mordue are premature (at least, I hope so.) All being well, an investor will step in to clear their debts in return for a share of the company.

Perhaps an investor would be the force to help them capitalise on the national recognition they gained from winning  CAMRA's C.B.O.B. way back in 1997 by bottling their beer. It's long overdue.






1 comment:

Paul Garrard said...

As I've just commented on my blog (inspired by your post) I hope it's not the thin end of a wedge!