Thursday 26 September 2013

My reputation in ruins

My local paper, the North Western Evening Mail, has described me as a "real ale buff."

I am offended. 

I have spent years trying emphasise the point that I am not a real ale buff. I've certainly got nothing against cask-conditioned ale – far from it: I consume it several times a week and have done for a quarter of a century. No, it's just the baggage that comes with the notion of being a real ale buff – amateurism, zealotry, anti-lagerism and anti-keggism – that puts me off.

My reputation is in ruins.

Call me a beer geek, call me a craft beer aficionado, call me anything but a real ale buff.


BTW: Please visit the site - www.brewedincumbria.com




6 comments:

Adrian Tierney-Jones said...

Heh heh, the biter bit. ;-)

Phil said...

You should take it as an honour on behalf of real ale buffs everywhere. We accept you!

Pete said...

Do you care what people that regularly read the North Western Evening Mail think?

Cooking Lager said...

You just need to accept it and move on. It's not as bad as you think.

Brian Dinham said...

Just watched you on Hairy Bikers (2/10). You chose all foreign beers to publicize. Shame on you. I cant believe you did that.

Unknown said...

Casketeer.